Sunday, December 11, 2011

11 of 12

Are these Four-letter word projects writing?

I don't believe so, to be honest. To me, it was as if I was making a movie or an AMV (anime music video). I associate writing with text, so to see these picture montages as a kind of writing seems foreign to me.

However, as an anthropologist-to-be, I try my best to understand foreign things. The projects presented arguments, where some ideas were better executed than others. Any movie, likewise, presents an argument or idea. In this sense, although they aren't properly termed compositions, movies are created with a writing base. Like a pen and paper, computers and cameras can be writing tools. When uploading and created the project in software, the computer uses different coding (consisting of numbers, letter, and symbols) to read and process the information.The coding print creates a story and an accompanying argument and this is a kind of text--one that I can more easily identify with.

No comments:

Post a Comment