Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Relationship with My Reader

I pretend that my reader isn't there. I don't write to appease the reader, I write to find release. Writing is therapy, and I don't want to be immediately critiqued upon what I feel. Let me say what I need to say, then you can interrupt. At the same time, my writing is geared towards making the reader feel as if they are there, in my story. I try to describe the scene to the best of my ability, using simple and ungarnished words. My goal is to make the scene clear in the minds of myself and the reader, so we can both see the same landscapes, feel the same emotions, and have the same grasp of the characters. By purposefully ignoring the reader by making my writing easier for me to understand, I actually assist the reader in diving into the world of my imagination to see how the story was meant to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment