Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Am I Afraid to Write?

Only when I am being judged (ie: being graded) because that is the only time where i don't write what I'm comfortable with. The subject is so confined, y'know? Writing, to me, helps me express my thoughts when spoken words fail me. My public speaking abilities are horrendous, but the words tumbling in my mind are not. When put together in an organized manner, they can be powerful and convincing. Writing gives me the opportunity to put forth my arguments clearly, without having to worry about stepping over my own tongue.


Also, people are more inclined to read a passage without interruption than they would if they had to listen to one. This fact enables me to fully voice my opinions and defend them, without the worry that the person who I'm writing to will stop reading and make judgments based on the little bit he/she has read. Because text is more physical, the reader can go back and read a message whenever they feel they have the courage or curiosity to. Writing also allows me to re-read my points and exchange flat verbs for more vivid ones, which is something I cannot do when speaking because words cannot be taken back.

No comments:

Post a Comment